Y-strap – RBNr. 0/0706/0004
Y-straps with auxiliary straps or “Koppeltragegestell aus Leder mit Hilfstrageriemen” was first introduced in April 1939. Meant to distribute the weight of the equipment evenly, the Y-straps where a important part of the equipment. In April 1940 the official name was changed to “Koppeltragegestell für Infanterie” Even though it was introduced in 1939 it only saw widespread use from 1941 onwards. As the war progressed the Y-straps underwent many minor changes ever simplifying the production.
Markings: RBNr. 0/0706/0004
Maker: The maker RBNr. 0/0706/0004 is unknown but the RBNr. points out that the company was stationed in Bad Mergentheim.
Hardware: Gray painted steel.